Re: use addresses button dissapear

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 2:36 PM, Ivan S <whitebreville@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Never heard of it.  *Exactly* which button disappears?  Feel free to
>>> show a screen shot.  Also indicate what the user preference is for
>>> Options-->Display Preferences-->Address Book Display Format.  Also
>>> look in your logs for any PHP errors.  You don't provide enough
>>> information for us to help you.

>>> Ah, well the first thing you should do is test on SquirrelMail version
>>> 1.4.17.  We do not support vendor versions based on a very old SM
>>> release.
>>
>> Thank you for your response. herewith i attached the use address button
>> screen that i mentioned below.
>
>>So you are missing the "Use Addresses" button on the address book page
>> itself?
>
> All the button that supposed to be there has gone
>
>> I'm now using 1.4.17 from source and the symptoms was just the same. The
>> user use HTML as the address book display format. the only php error that
>> found in log is like this:
>>
>> PHP Warning:  Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument
>> passed by value;  If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the
>> declaration of method_exists().  If you would like to enable call-time
>> pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in
>> your INI file.  However, future versions may not support this any longer.
>> in /var/www/babel.lib/HTML/class.txt2html.php on line 52, referer:
>> http://domain/webmail/src/compose.php
>
>>Are your PHP error reporting settings turned all the way up (E_ALL)?
>>This particular error is not in our software.
>
> I have turn of the reporting on PHP.ini and that error msg didnt appeared
> again.
>
>>There may be a problem with the contents of the address book.  Do all
>>the expected entries show?  If you want, you can send the page source
>>for the address book page when it is missing the button.
>
> Herewith I attached the source when I composed msg and using address book.
> My apologise to send this email personnally since the attachment contains
> some company information. Im not good in PHP, but in the bottom line of this
> source, doesn't it explain about use address button?

> name="addr_search_done" value="Use Addresses" /> <input type="submit"
> name="addr_search_cancel" value="Cancel" /></td>

Yes.  So as you can see, the buttons *ARE* there.  The problem is the
page width.  You have defined one address book entry "All Secretaries"
as a poor-man's address group.  The list of addresses in that one
entry is so long that the page width is excessively wide.  If you
scroll to the right, you'll find the buttons are still there, in the
*CENTER* of the full page width.

You should not use grouping in this way.  If you need a mailing list,
find a good mailing list software application.  If you need address
book groups, install on of the address book group plugins on the
SquirrelMail site.