Re: Squirrel not accepting WebMail request

On Mar 3, 2009, at 12:05 AM, Mail MarshalL wrote:

> Hi Im new here. I hope i could find some answers to my concern.
>

> We are using Squirrel Mail Server. This machine has 2 network
> interface
> cards (public and private IP). WebMail is working fine if access from
> outside, we use http://publicIPaddress/webmail. We purchased a mail
> filtering running on Mircosoft platform. In order for the mail to
> route to
> the Mail Filtering software, we moved the Public IP of our Squirrel
> Mail
> Server.

Why did you do this? All you needed to do was to give your filtering
machine a new public IP and change the MX record for your domain to
point to that new IP. No need for port forwarding or any of that mess.

> Do i need to configure something in Squirrel configuration to accpet
> the
> incoming webmail request?

No, squirrelmail doesn't accept the request, the web server does. You
need to figure out why your web server software, whatever that is,
isn't accepting the connection. (or just do it the 'right way' as
above).

> Notice that when i put back the publick IP address again to the
> Squirrel
> mail, webmail will work again.

Is your web server configured to listen on the IP you expect it to?

--
Marc