Squirrel not accepting WebMail request

Hi Im new here. I hope i could find some answers to my concern.

We are using Squirrel Mail Server. This machine has 2 network interface
cards (public and private IP). WebMail is working fine if access from
outside, we use http://publicIPaddress/webmail. We purchased a mail
filtering running on Mircosoft platform. In order for the mail to route to
the Mail Filtering software, we moved the Public IP of our Squirrel Mail
Server. Incoming mails are now routing to the mail filtering software then
after doing content filtering, it will forward to the Squirrel machine.
Problem is the webmail, outside access is no longer available because the
public IP is no longer in the Squirrel machine. I enabled the routing and
remote access feature of Windows 2003 server, i was able to do a "port
forwarding" of webmail port from the windows 2003 server and pass it to
squirrell IP and webmail port. Routing and remote access feature seems to
work ok because i can see logs that an connection activity is active if
someone accessing the webmail. Problem is that Squirrel is refusing the
connection. Error in the browser "Network timed out". Looks like Squirrel
could not be contacted.

I also tried buying a mini linksys router (4 ports) that can do port
forwarding also. so the setup is:

if its a webmail request
Internet --> Linksys --> Squirrel webmail

if its an incoming email request
Internet --> Linksys --> Mail Filter (windows) --> Squirrel webmail

Do i need to configure something in Squirrel configuration to accpet the
incoming webmail request?

Notice that when i put back the publick IP address again to the Squirrel
mail, webmail will work again.

I badly need help. Thank you. Hoping for a solution from someone.

Ritchie