Re: MS Word attachments opening problem

> SM 1.4.8-4.0.1 --EL5 default install.

This is very old (yes, it's the newest RHEL provides, but it's still
old).  Please test with the newest SM code by downloading directly
from our website.

> This behaviour has occured now on two user accounts. I am (almost)
> positive it is each users profile on the machine they are on. I probably
> shouldn't even be posting this on an SM list,but thought possibly someone
> has seen the same scenario. As I stated before if the user has an
> attachment named
> word.doc
> When you click on the attachment and Word starts to open the doc the
> dialog box always adds an [1] to the doc so it looks like this
> word[1].doc
> of course word pops open,then displays unable to locate C:\...\word[1].doc
> the [1]  being the show stopper.
> I have Googled of course and can not find anything close to a resolve when
> searching Word and MS KB articles.
> Using Win XP/SP3 OS, Word 2003(pro)

If you are clicking to open the attachment directly, try finding the
temporary file in the user's temporary directory and see what it's
named.  You might also try downloading the attachment and see what it
is named just for the heck of it.  Try opening it and make sure that
works.

Note that if your issue is related to the age of the code you are
running, you'll need to file the bug report with RedHat.