deleting emails with keyboard shortcut

Hello List,

I am grasping at straws here. For the third time this school year,we have
one teacher that has lost all of her inbox contents. I have checked the
mail log and can not find were she is doing a pop3 login (with say
Outlook) and pulling it( inbox contents) off the the SM server ,
accidently. This has happened on the weekend with her being at home (not
on the lan),just FYI.
Is it at all possible to do some sort of keyboard shortcut(accidently) and
bypass the deleting of emails to the trash folder,and simply deleting them
altogether(accidently)? She uses a laptop of course and I am wondering if
she is accidently hitting two keys and causing this. I did check in her
options and the trash folder is specified correctly in her SM options.
I have backups to replace her lost stuff but she really gets cranky
knowing her emails have disappeared.
This is the only user out of about 400 accounts that this has happened on.
Also I know she now has a new lackberry and wonder if this may be a
problem,although looking at the logs at the time this happened I can tell
her blackberry public ip address has not showed up as a log in.

SM 1.4.8-4.0.1  EL5 default install.

Thank You,
Barry