SquirrelMail via Apache reverse proxy

I've searched the archives here and elsewhere and see similar
situations, but with slightly different symptoms, and the solutions
aren't quite nailing my problem.

SquirrelMail 1.4.17 (vanilla, no plugins)
Apache 2.2.11
PHP 5.2.8
FreeBSD 7.0

Mail server is behind a firewall and outside traffic is via Apache
reverse proxy setup (mod_proxy).  Everything works great, with one
exception: when choosing one or more messages from the squirrelmail
list in the right-hand frame, and performing any action on them
(delete, move, etc.), the action is completed, but the right frame is
refreshed with "The requested URL /webmail/webmail/src/right_main.php
was not found on this server". The corresponding Apache log reads,
not surprisingly, "File does not exist: /usr/local/www/squirrelmail/
webmail"

Obviously this is more a mod_proxy problem that a SM problem, except
for the fact that (1) all other proxied web apps configured the same
way work for us; and (2) it's a little odd to me that everything else
works (e.g. deleting a single message), but I haven't dug into the SM
code yet.

Here is my mod_proxy configuration in httpd.conf:

ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPass       /webmail/     http://mail.mydomain.com/webmail/

<Location /webmail/>
         ProxyPassReverse /
         SetOutputFilter proxy-html
         RequestHeader   unset   Accept-Encoding
         ProxyHTMLExtended On
         ProxyHTMLURLMap /       /webmail/
         ProxyHTMLURLMap /webmail       /webmail
</Location>

The ProxyHTML stuff is optional, it doesn't appear to affect anything.

Clients access webmail via the URL http://www.mydomain.com/webmail. I
also have a mod_rewrite rule:

	RewriteRule ^/webmail$ webmail/ [R]

to handle the "trailing slash problem." Any suggestions are greatly
appreciated.

Thanks -
John Berliner