Re: Protecting display settings in Squirrelmail

Xn Nooby wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 1:35 AM, Tomas Kuliavas
> <tokul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>> Xn Nooby wrote:
>>>
>>> I am trying to figure out how to prevent Squirrelmail users from
>>> changing their Display Preferences.  If that is not possible, I would
>>> like to change them back to default settings.
>>>
>>> I have experimented with the forced_prefs plugin, but have not been
>>> able to understand how it is supposed to works.
>>>
>>> I have tried disabling write access to the
>>> /var/lib/squirrelmail/dat/myuser.pref file, but that seems to break
>>> other things in Squirrelmail.
>>>
>>> I am now considering letting the users change what they want, but then
>>> copying a default prefs file back over their user prefs file.
>>>
>>> I am setting up shared mail accounts that will each be used by several
>>> people, and I do not one of them to change the display settings, since
>>> that would confuse the next user.
>>>
>>> I thought the forced_prefs plugin was what I needed, but I am having a
>>> hard time grasping how it works (I'm new to SM).
>>>
>>> Is there a prefered way to do this?
>>>

>> Which display setting must be protected? All of them?
>
> All would be fine.

$fp_removed_optpage_urls = array('options.php?optpage=display');

Such setting will hide display options block from end users. If users know
how SquirrelMail works, they still can access it.

If you want to enforce all display settings, set all display settings that
you want to enforce in $fp_forced_settings array

--
Tomas