Re: Somebody using my squirrel for SPAM

> Hi,
>
> I am running Squirrel 1.4.17, Apache 1.3.37, PHP 5.2.5 , UW-IMAP 2006j2nb5
>
> and I know there were issues with cross site scripting but I¹m not sure if
> this is related.
>
> We are getting the occasional batch of spam warnings and it seems that
> somebody is using our Squirrel installation to send batches of mail from
> outside our system.
>
> Is this a known issue for which there is an easy fix :-)
>
> I¹m guessing
>
> Frank DeChellis
> President, Internet Access Worldwide
> Welland, Ontario, Canada
> www.iaw.com

Hey Frank,

This sounds more like an issue with your mail server. Have you checked
your mail logs? Have you disabled mail relay via your mail server config
files? How this is accomplished depends on your mta, i.e. sendmail,
postfix, etc. You can and should lock it down...

--
J. Craig Woods
UNIX/Linux System Engineer (RHCT)