Re: sendreceipt privacy problem

> Hi, Dennis
> You right, the host also could be suspiciouse - UPC Hungary - they
> frequently changes configurations, without annoncement :(
> Also sm (1.4.9a) for Debian stable does not changed for very long time!
> Unfortunatelly I do not realized what time exactly the functionality is
> broken :(
> Most suspiciouse packages I have downgraded (PHP5 and PHP5 plugin for
> Apache2) but it does not change the situation. I have mgetty and receive
> FAX -es using email, for this purposes I have configured virtual domains
> on exim4 - I have try configure back, but nothing was changed.
> As usually, nice but quite dangerouse "Outlook Express" work as usuall, no
> changes.
> I will check the arguments passed to exim4 on receipt acknowledge.
> BR

Hi Tovis,

you can check your problem by:

telnet smarthost 25
help
214-This server supports the following commands:
214 HELO EHLO STARTTLS RCPT DATA RSET MAIL QUIT HELP AUTH TURN ATRN ETRN VRFY
220 mailserver.domain.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version:
5.0.2195.5329 ready at  Sat, 22 May 2006 09:01:29 +0200
helo myserver.domain.com
250 mailserver.domain.com Hello [10.1.11.133]
mail from:<myname@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
250 2.1.0 myname@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx OK
rcpt to:<recipientname@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
250 2.1.5 recipientname@xxxxxxxxxxxx
data
354 Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF>
subject: This is a test mail
to: recipientname@xxxxxxxxxxxx
This is the text of my test mail.
.
250 2.6.0 <exchange.domain.com> Queued mail for delivery
quit

Sorry for this example using an M$ host. (-;
By entering help you will get the command support by your smart host. You
should see "RCPT".
Then you send a mail directly. Use as above "RCPT TO: <youremail@domain>"
When you don't get a receipt ack your smart host does not support this
feature and sm is working properly.
Many mta switch off this feature for security reason.

CU
Dennis