Re: Setting default domain

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 10:57 PM, Andrea Gozzi <asgozzi@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-09-20 at 16:19 -0700, Paul Lesniewski wrote:
>>
>> Then please explain how SM is supposed to know if user "jose" who
>> logged in at example.org really wanted to log into
>> jose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?
>
> Anyway, I probably didn't explain my problem correctly so I'll try
> again: what I want to accomplish is that if a "bad" user inputs ONLY the

The only "bad" party here is the administrator who is making users
type too much.  Users should go to the domain that hosts their email
and enter just the first part of their email address to log in.
Simple and easy.

> username part ("jose"), then the _default_ domain "@domain1.com" is
> appened so that it will match the auth table ("jose@xxxxxxxxxxx").

If you have users mapped in a table already, see if you can use
$sendmailVirtualUserTable (read the docs).

> On the other hand, when a user inputs the full addres
> ("user@xxxxxxxxxxxx") then nothing is appended and the login process
> goes on regularly.
>
> And if "jose" tries to login with the _wrong_ complete address, then let
> him fail..until he learns.

I think the admin should set up a system that makes sense - it's
easier to teach a sensible system to end users.