Setting default domain

Hi all.
I run a mailserver hosting various domains. A couple days ago I moved
another domain to it and since most users are..ehm.. IT-challenged, I
tried to keep everything as transparent as possible.

Unfortunately, most users on the old server were logging in on SM
entering only the username part of their addresses (eg. using "joe" for
"joe@xxxxxxxxxxx"). This used to work because their webmail was
dedicated for "domain1" and I had configured SM accordingly.
Of course, on the new server, this doesn't work anymore, and I have been
submerged by complaints.

My question is: can I configure SM to append "@domain1.com" only if the
username is specified, and don't append anything if the full address is
provided?
Thanks

Andrea