Re: SquirrelMail 1.4.15 - How to modify the mailheaderinformation Received

Ralf Dreger wrote:
>> It's not a "parameter".  You don't "modify" it.  Your problem is NOT
>> SquirrelMail.  As I already told you, this is added by your MTA.  You
>> need to find out WHY the messages are being rejected from your
>> provider.  What you claimed previously is obviously wrong.
>
> I tried to find out where the information "from dnsalias.dreger-net.local"
> and "[192.xxx.xxx.xx2]" comes from. You are pointing to my MTA - what in my
> understanding is hmail. But if that information would be added by hmail -
> why for SM in that way and for Outlook in the other way (working).

Outlook works differently and you have been told this many times.
Your Outlook mail may not even be going via the same email software or
even not via the same server.

> But I found a section in the SM file "Deliver.class.php" (line 489 to 559).
> And from line 546 (Make an RFC822 Received: line) you can see that the
> information ware created by SM.
>
> SM is using the variables "$SERVER_NAME" and "$REMOTE_ADDR".

Which are SEREVR environment variables that Squirrel mail gets from
the SEREVR.

> So I tried to verify if "$SERVER_NAME" and "$REMOTE_ADDR" are
> "dnsalias.dreger-net.local" and "[192.xxx.xxx.xx2]".
>
> So I used a one line php "script" to see what comes from PHP --> phpinfo( );
>
> In the section "Environment" you can find "SERVER_NAME =
> dnsalias.dreger-net.local" and "REMOTE_ADDR  192.xxx.xxx.xx2". "COMPUTERNAME
> SERVERxxx" what is used by Outlook is not used from SM.

'Environment' section are the PHP variables made by getting the
information FROM YOUR SERVER.

This means your SERVER is set wrong to 'domain'.local at least on the
local LAN.

Outlook only gets information from the local machine.

> If I'm running the "script" from the Internet it looks like --> "SERVER_NAME
> = webmail.domain2.dnsalias.org" and "REMOTE_ADDR  192.xxx.xxx.xx1".

All seems perfectly correct to me

> My PHP knowledge is not that good that I can make any changes.
>
>> Show the REAL hostname.  Your xxx here are meaningless.  A fully
>> qualified domain name ending in .local isn't going to help your cause.
>> You need to go back and review how to set up a legitimate mail
>> server, which is NOT in the scope of SquirrelMail.
>
> SERVERxxx is the real host name.

It is only if you use the system ONLY on a LAN, NOT when connected
to the internet.

>> Again, .local is meaningless.  You need a real domain name.
>
> I have tried also using one of my real domains - but it is the same.

Windows servers require you to set the machine name/hostname to
a fully qualified domain name e.g. webmail.example.com

Windows domains/workgroups are completely DIFFERENT.

Your hostname/machine name appears wrongly set.

Your Apache (or whatever webserver software you are using)
may well be wrong and be using different names when accessed
from the local LAN and internet.

Your SERVER setup and its software for webserving, and/or
email serving is wrong. I suspect your networking routing
is wrong as well.

--
Paul Carpenter          | paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<http://www.pcserviceselectronics.co.uk/>    PC Services