Re: SquirrelMail 1.4.15 - How to modify the mailheaderinformation Received

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Paul Carpenter
Gesendet: Dienstag, 26. August 2008 11:04

Ralf Dreger wrote:
> >> It's not a "parameter".  You don't "modify" it.  Your problem is NOT
> >> SquirrelMail.  As I already told you, this is added by your MTA.  You
> >> need to find out WHY the messages are being rejected from your
> >> provider.  What you claimed previously is obviously wrong.

> > I tried to find out where the information "from
dnsalias.dreger-net.local"
> > and "[192.xxx.xxx.xx2]" comes from. You are pointing to my MTA - what in
my
> > understanding is hmail. But if that information would be added by
hmail -
> > why for SM in that way and for Outlook in the other way (working).

> Outlook works differently and you have been told this many times.
> Your Outlook mail may not even be going via the same email software or
> even not via the same server.

That's not the fact. My Outlook client is installed on the same server
(Windows 2000 Server) - and is using the smae hmail server (also on the same
Windows server.

I have also used another Outlook from another PC (Windows XP Pro) - it works
also fine (since years).

The Received information looks like this:

>From Outlook 2000 (W2K server):
with hMailServer

>From Outlook XP (Windows XP):
with hMailServer

>From SM (W2K server):
mail.domain2.dnsalais.org with hMailServer

>From SM (Internet PC):
mail.domain2.dnsalais.org with hMailServer

The question is - how can the MTA from hmail know who is the sender --> the
FROM?

When I'm looking into the hmail logs, I can see the following entries:

>From SM (W2K server):
"RECEIVED: EHLO webmail.dreger-net.local"

>From Outlook 2000 (W2K server)
"RECEIVED: EHLO serverrdxxx"

>From Outlook XP (Windows XP)
"RECEIVED: EHLO mpcrdxxx"

Looks like that each mail client is sending the FROM information - also SM.

I'm quite sure that SM is using the variables "$SERVER_NAME" - what is bad
for Windows systems.

> 'Environment' section are the PHP variables made by getting the
> information FROM YOUR SERVER.

Yes that's right - but you can't use the same variable for a Windows and
Apache (Windows or Unix) system.

"$SERVER_NAME" in a Windows invirement shows in this case the http address
(same as $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"]) - what is "webmail.dreger-net.local".
If you google a bit you will find more details.

The varibale $_SERVER["COMPUTERNAME"] returns the Windows host name - what
is just "serverrdxxx" (with no domain ending).

The only thing I still needs to know is - where can I change the FROM
information in SM.

Many thanks in advanced

PS: SM + hmail + Outlook 2000 + PHP + IIS are on the same server --> Windows
2000 fully patched.