Re: Squirrelmail: The server couldn't find the message you requested.

xiaojie wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I have installed qmail-toaster as my mail server and squirrelmail as my
> webmail client. Recently when i migrated my mail server to a new machine,
> i encountered the following problems. Some users report that some mails
> are unreadable through squirrelmail.
>
> The error message i received in squirrelmail is like below:
>
>>The server couldn't find the message you requested.
>>Most probably your message list was out of date and the message has been
moved away or deleted (perhaps by another program accessing the same
mailbox).

> I checked the courierimapuiddb that the UID jumps from 1230 to 3001
> suddenly and the mails start from 3001 cannot be read. I can ensure that
> no mails are lost.
>
> Just now i tried to delete the courierimapuiddb file and restart the
> qmail. When i accessed squirrelmail, the new courierimapuiddb shows the
> max uid is 1361 and after i randomly access some mail, the max uid keeps
> increasing.
>
> 1227 200604051241125E02.tmp
> 1228 200604061738396EA0.tmp
> 1229 2005040111570096A9.tmp
> 1230 200501012257384ACE.tmp
> 3001 200601050920099902.tmp
> 3002 2005070502335445A4.tmp
> 3003 20041021172838513E.tmp
> 3004 20050715163354652F.tmp
> 3005 200510281433411FE4.tmp
> 3006 200410020038431786.tmp

Check ownership and permissions of maildir and files stored in maildir.

enable info plugin and run two tests.
1. SELECT INBOX
2. FETCH 1:* UID

Both tests must be executed in one request. Show results of both tests.

It might be SquirrelMail issue only if you have very large UIDs.