Re: built-in spam filter: does nothing (despite setting SpamFilters_YourHop)

Please do not top-post (and correctly quote the reply).  Review the
mailing list guidelines if you have doubts.

>> Would be grateful for any hints!
>>
>> I have squirrelmail 1.4.10a and cannot get the inbuilt spam filter to work.
>>
>> the scenario is the following: i get email directly to my email address,
>> as well as downloading from another account, via POP (fetchmail plugin).
>>
>> the spam from my normal email address is spam-assassin tagged, and I have
>> no problems with setting a normal subject line filter (ie the 'message
>> filters') to put it into the junkmail folder.
>>
>> for the POP account though, i have to use the 'SPAM filters', as the spam
>> that i get into my inbox through POP is not subject line tagged (and
>> unfortunately I cannot get it server-side tagged - it's not under my
>> control).
>
> To be clear, you mean you are using the spam filtering component of
> the "Filters" plugin.
>
>> here an example spam email header and my spamfilters_yourhop setting:
>
> I don't use the Filters plugin, so I won't be much help, but the first
> thing you should do is make sure that the Filters plugin is even
> scanning the incoming POP messages from the fetchmail plugin at all.
> You may have to dig around in the code if you can't find an easy way
> to verify such, and then you still might be back at the same list of
> questions you have already.

> thanks for your reply. regarding whether the filters plugin is scanning
> the message from the fetchmail plugin at all - even if it is not, then the
> fetchmail gets the messages into the inbox - once they are there (on the
> when the filters plugin should work, at the latest, as it scans messages
> in the inbox, no matter where they came from?
> or at the latest at the next login?

IIRC, that depends on if the filters plugin is set to scan only new
messages or all messages or some such thing.  I *seems* like it should
be scanning them, but it might be best to verify by putting something
in the code that helps you verify that that is the case.