Re: built-in spam filter: does nothing (despite setting SpamFilters_YourHop)

thanks for your reply. regarding whether the filters plugin is scanning
the message from the fetchmail plugin at all - even if it is not, then the
fetchmail gets the messages into the inbox - once they are there (on the
when the filters plugin should work, at the latest, as it scans messages
in the inbox, no matter where they came from?
or at the latest at the next login?

> Hi,
>
> Would be grateful for any hints!
>
> I have squirrelmail 1.4.10a and cannot get the inbuilt spam filter to work.
>
> the scenario is the following: i get email directly to my email address,
> as well as downloading from another account, via POP (fetchmail plugin).
>
> the spam from my normal email address is spam-assassin tagged, and I have
> no problems with setting a normal subject line filter (ie the 'message
> filters') to put it into the junkmail folder.
>
> for the POP account though, i have to use the 'SPAM filters', as the spam
> that i get into my inbox through POP is not subject line tagged (and
> unfortunately I cannot get it server-side tagged - it's not under my
> control).

To be clear, you mean you are using the spam filtering component of
the "Filters" plugin.

> here an example spam email header and my spamfilters_yourhop setting:

I don't use the Filters plugin, so I won't be much help, but the first
thing you should do is make sure that the Filters plugin is even
scanning the incoming POP messages from the fetchmail plugin at all.
You may have to dig around in the code if you can't find an easy way
to verify such, and then you still might be back at the same list of
questions you have already.