Re: Change attachment button location

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Sergio Belkin <sebelk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2008/7/7 Paul Lesniewski <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>> Hi I'd want to know if something has changed the composing window in
>>> order to change the location of attachment button. I'd want to locate
>>> above of composing area.
>>>
>>> I'd change something from src/compose.php, but it is not working..
>>
>> First, you should post the information that the mailing list guidelines require.
>>
>> For now, I'll just assume you are running version 1.4.x.  Therein,
>> you'll have to do your own PHP coding to change the location.  If you
>> don't know enough to dive in and do it, then you might ask someone who
>> does.  It's a bit much to post on this list, but maybe someone who is
>> bored will do it for you.  If you run version 1.5.2+, however, you can
>> change the template set you use to do this with a bit more ease.

Thank you for posting after my text, but please remove unecessary
stuff footers from the bottom of the message.

> Sorry for no issuing enough info, I hope that this time be better :)
>
> I get to attach button be above of text area but is not working when I
> click on it (ie it doesn't attach the message)

JUST the button?  What good does that do?  The user still needs to
scroll to the bottom of the page and select the file to upload.
Instead, maybe you want to move the whole thing up.  I am attaching a
diff that does that.  Note that your other changes will be hard to
keep when you next upgrade SM.  You should change as little as
possible, especially don't change whitespace when there is no reason
to do so.  You might be better off using 1.5.2 and your own compose
template.