Re: SquirrelMail exploits?

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 7:39 PM, Res <res@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jun 2008, Brant Wells wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have recently noticed a steady stream of email leaving my server that appears to be from
>> my Squirrel Mail users.  I upgraded from 1.4.10 to 1.4.15 in an effort to fix the issue.  It
>> went away for a couple of days, but is back now.
>
> I wont go over what others have said about it not being an MTA etc, as its

<snip>

And, as always, there are plugins that can help you identify when you
have an account on your server that has been compromised and is being
used to send spam.  The best tools for this are your own server logs,
possibly augmented by the "Squirrel Logger" plugin, but if you could
also check out the "Restrict Senders" plugin and if you are trying to
be proactive against password attacks, etc., you can try the "CAPTCHA"
and "Lockout" plugins too.

Sorry to hear that you are moving away from SM.