Re: Preference database error (not found)

2008/7/1 Res <res@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Tue, 1 Jul 2008, Sergio Belkin wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've created database on mysql and followed steps in order to have
>> mysql support, but it outputs this error, after succesful login:
>
> Have you added debug level to MySQL logging to se eif its even hitting it?
>

>> "Preference database error (not found). Exiting abnormally"
>>

> For this host are you using:
>      php_flag display_errors On
>      php_value error_reporting E_ALL
>
> What about apache error logs, etc?
>
>> include_path = ".:/php/includes:/usr/share/pear"
>
> I use the path to php, not pear (but this might differ on CentOS, since
> its RH based and typcially butchered to buggery anything is possible I
> guess :)
>

> --
> Cheers
> Res

Finally, I've fixed the problem, I was using php in safe mode, so I
chowned recursively /usr/share/pear to apache user and goodbye error!

Errata: Distro was not CentOS 5.1 but Fedora 4...

Hope that helps someone!
Open Kairos http://www.openkairos.com
Watch More TV http://sebelk.blogspot.com
Sergio Belkin -