Re: Strange problem with EPS attachments

More interesting part is if he creates a new mail with pine and
reattaches
way we tried with IE, Firefox and even from different
computers...result is same.
>>> Yes, it does make a difference to what I tell you. Also, are these Quark
>>> layout
>>> files, or are they vector images which could be saved in another format?
>> So, what is the solution for that? And where is the exact problem? On
apache? sqmail or imap server?
>> What should i advice my client for that? Not to accept mails from mac
users? :) And it shouldnt be about the attachment itself i think.
because
>> he doesnt edit the attachment. Just open the mail with pine, save the
attachment and resend the saved attachment and it works.. So, is it
smthing with uuencode/decode?

> You didn't answer my questions. I don't want to type a bunch of notes
for
> various
> scenarios. Answer the questions to help clarify the problem, and I'll
answer based
> on that information.
>
> Are you saying that this problem is for files sent from an Apple
computer?
> Are these Quark layout files, or are they vector images which could be
saved in
> another format?
Sorry for late reply, because of this holiday season....:)
As i learned from our user, mails are sent from 3 different persons with
same format attachemnts. All had problem. As he said mathematicians dont
use macintosh often, and as i understand from the header, mail is sent
with Microsoft Outlook Express. So it is obvious that they didnt sent it
with mac.
So they are adobe illustrator files so vector files.

And it is attached as Application/postscript.

Any more questions??

Thanks a lot.

info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options):