Re: Office 2007 documents

Matthew Hardwick-2 wrote:

>> Even if problem happens when files are downloaded, it is not related to
>> apache configuration. Email attachments are never downloaded directly
>> from
>> Apache. When email attachments are downloaded in SquirrelMail, they
>> always
>> go through src/download.php and this script sets content type from email
>> headers and IMAP message bodystructure.
>>
>> If it is download issue, why text/plain content type is set on docx
>> attachment?
>>
>> Lin should make sure that email has correct content type headers, try
>> reproducing upload issue in other browser and make sure that it is not
>> related to HTTP proxy. Firefox can have corrupted mime types database.
>> Safari is ... see other my emails or test yourself.
>>
>> --
>> Tomas
>> --
>
> OK the original email wasn't that clear, it's for uploading files, and
> Apache config wouldn't have anything to do with this I thought it was
> for downloading.
>
> Apache config DOES have *something* to do with it, because before I
> added MIME types the problem of them downloading as .zip stopped. I
> would suggest that download.php doesn't do it all. I work at a uni,
> and we had this problem on 4 or webmail servers with over 10,000 IMAP
> users - all using different operating systems and browsers on and off
> campus. Adding MIME types solved the problem of downloading as dot ZIP
> so whilst in context of the original email MIME types having nothing
> to do with the uploading of attachments, I would suggest that MIME
> types DO play an effect in downloading attachments proven by the fact
> it solved the problem on more than one occasion.

Please provide more information about your setup. Including used Apache
version, used modules, proxies, PHP and SquirrelMail versions. If
SquirrelMail download functions are broken, they should be fixed. In basic
setup Apache has nothing to do with downloaded file headers, because
SquirrelMail sets headers for any downloaded file.

--
Tomas