Re: Office 2007 documents

Matt Hardwick wrote:
>>> webserver does not care about file types. User's browser tells to
>>> webserver that it is uploading text/plain file.
>>>
>> I thought there was something about setting correct MIME type on webserver for
>> various file types.
>>

> Yes it is. We had this problem - you need to add the correct MIME
> types to Apache. That's what solved the problem, it's actually more
> common to have Office 2007 files recognised as ZIP files.
>
> If you need help with what MIME types to enter, then let me know, and
> I will find them again.

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your reply.

I added the following lines to /etc/mime.types of my web server and
restart apache; but I still have the same problem. Any idea?

application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document
application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.shee

my httpd.conf:

# TypesConfig describes where the mime.types file (or equivalent) is
# to be found.
#
TypesConfig /etc/mime.types