Advice for people with large mailboxers

Hi all,

I'm responding back about a thread Tomas and I had going, titled:

> Subject: Re:  How many messages is squirrelmail designed to handle?
> Dates:
  Tue, 29 Apr 2008 04:11:25 +0000 (UTC)
+ 28 april.

Anyhow, Tomas recommended a few things with people who have a large mailbox and who access it via squirrelmail. You may refer to the original thread, which lists some fantastic ideas, mainly:

* enable sort mailbox to load larger messages.
** Use date/size sorting if you can [compared to subject and from/to]

I wonder:

Would moving messages from the inbox folder to another folder be a piece of advice one should follow? Some users I know time out via imap squirrelmail webmail and I have seen the suggestion that one should move mail to another squirrelmail folder and just view new messages in the inbox. Well, while that allows a person to view their inbox all swell and dandy when new messages come in, if they ever view that archive folder where they moved mail to, won't they experience the same problems of timing out when viewing it. Right?

I'm also concerned that even if they move mail messages to another folder, they still won't be able to do search queries on their messages, since those queries on that large collection will still time out since the folder is big.

IndiaInfo Mail - the free e-mail service with a difference! www.indiainfo.com
Check out our value-added Premium features, such as an extra 20MB for mail storage, POP3, e-mail forwarding, and ads-free mailboxes!