Re: One time password for SM

> Ubuntu 7.04 server amd64
> SM 1.4.11
>
> I'm prepared adding One-Time-Password to SM as experiment.  Please
> advise are following packages working on SM;
>
> opie-client opie-server libopie-dev
>
> They are on Ubuntu repo.

No. Since SquirrelMail logs in to the IMAP server at least once per page
view, OPT is worthless. You might not even get as far as to loading both
frames after logging in, since the password will change every time you use
it. Using an IMAP proxy might help though, until it times out and the
connection to the IMAP server is lost. Every time the connection is closed
or lost, a new password will be generated and throw you back to the
SquirrelMail login page.

> On googling I found;
> Open Source Two-factor authentication: The WiKID Community Edition
> http://www.wikidsystems.com/community-version
>
> Can it work on SM?  If YES which package/packages shall I download?

They state that they can. A link marked "Squirrelmail and other IMAP
services" on the first page links to
<http://www.wikidsystems.com/community-version/documentation/howtos/two_factor_webmail>.

> OR are there other suggestions?  TIA

A plugin hooked into the logout page of SquirrelMail could be used to
create a new password if the system allows it, but I don't have any
suggestions right now on how to do that in practise.

Sincerely,
Fredrik