Re: One time password for SM

--- Fredrik Jervfors <jervfors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Ubuntu 7.04 server amd64
> > SM 1.4.11
> >
> > I'm prepared adding One-Time-Password to SM as experiment.  Please
> > advise are following packages working on SM;
> >
> > opie-client opie-server libopie-dev
> >
> > They are on Ubuntu repo.
>
> No. Since SquirrelMail logs in to the IMAP server at least once per
> page
> view, OPT is worthless. You might not even get as far as to loading
> both
> frames after logging in, since the password will change every time
> you use
> it. Using an IMAP proxy might help though, until it times out and the
> connection to the IMAP server is lost. Every time the connection is
> closed
> or lost, a new password will be generated and throw you back to the
> SquirrelMail login page.

Hi Fredrik,

Noted with thanks.

> > On googling I found;
> > Open Source Two-factor authentication: The WiKID Community Edition
> > http://www.wikidsystems.com/community-version
> >
> > Can it work on SM?  If YES which package/packages shall I download?
>
> They state that they can. A link marked "Squirrelmail and other IMAP
> services" on the first page links to

<http://www.wikidsystems.com/community-version/documentation/howtos/two_factor_webmail>.

The guide is for Fedora.  I'm running Ubuntu here.  "alien" can convert
the .rpm package as .deb.  "alien" is running here.  Then I'll install
the package with;

sudo dpkg -i *.deb

But I'll go through the guide first before start.

Others noted with thanks.

B.R.
Stephen L