Re: Problem on upgrading SquirrelMail

--- Paul Lesniewski <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 8:29 AM, Stephen Liu <satimis@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >

> >  Ubuntu 7.04 server amd64
> >  Postfix 2.3.8
> >  SquirrelMail version 1.4.11
> >

> >  I'm prepared following;
> >
> >  4. Upgrading SquirrelMail
> >  http://squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-4.html#ss4.1
> >
> >  to upgrade SquirrelMail to version "SquirrelMail version 1.4.13"
> >

> >  I can't upgrade it on repo because I installed SM on tarball
> sometimes
> >  ago.  However I don't know which directory/directories I have to
> >  backup.  The Maildirs are on;
>
> SquirrelMail is an IMAP client.  It has nothing to do with the IMAP
> server and if/where/when/how/why mail is stored on your server.  The
> only things you should back up are the squirrelmail source code,
> including the plugins directory therein, and the squirrelmail
> configuration file(s), wherever you have them located.

Thanks for your advice.

I found;

# find / -name squirrelmail -type d
/usr/local/squirrelmail
/var/local/squirrelmail
/etc/squirrelmail
* end *

# ls /usr/local/squirrelmail/www/[code]
AUTHORS    configure  doc        include    plugins       src
ChangeLog  contrib    functions  index.php  po            themes
class      COPYING    help       INSTALL    README        UPGRADE
config     data       images     locale     ReleaseNotes

I suppose to backup "/usr/local/squirrelmail/www/" here.  It includes
plugins.

# ls /etc/squirrelmail/
apache.conf         config_local.php  default_pref       index.php
config_default.php  config.php        filters_setup.php
sqspell_config.php

Also backup "etc/squirrelmail/" which includes config and pref files.

If I'm wrong please correct me.  TIA

> If you want
> be extra safe, you could also back up the data directory (or database
> if you put prefs there).  Once you confirm the upgrade worked, you
> probably don't need your backup of the old source code.

/usr/local/squirrelmail/data is only an empty directory

All users' mails are on /home/userX directories.  I can backup /home
directory.

Advice would be appreciated.  TIA

B.R.
Stephen L