Re: About upgrade SM

On Thu, April 10, 2008 09:40, Stephen Liu wrote:
> Hi folks,
>

> Ubuntu 7.04 server amd64
> SquirrelMail 1.4.11
> Postfix 2.3.8-2
>

> SM has been running on this server sometimes.  IIRC I installed it by
> downloading the package on the website.  At that time SM is not
> available on Ubuntu repo.
>

> Now I find it available on Ubuntu repo
>
> $ apt-cache policy squirrelmail
> squirrelmail:
>   Installed: (none)
>   Candidate: 2:1.4.9a-1ubuntu0.1
>   Version table:
>      2:1.4.9a-1ubuntu0.1 0
>         500 http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security/universe
> Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>      2:1.4.9a-1 0
>         500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com feisty/universe Packages
> * end *
>

> I think that I'm unable to upgrade the package on repo.
>

> Please advise is there an easy and safe method to upgrade SM to its
> latest version?  TIA
>

> B.R.
> Stephen L

I'd email you direct but yahoo's mail servers are aging mail for up to 5
days from here this week...

I'm more familiar with debian, but if you put it in via the package
manager you're likely to overwrite a version you download when fiesty
upgrades.  I  debian there is a way to tell it don't touch this.  BTW how
come you avoided the Gibbon?

If you keep with the package manager version you will get automatic
security updates but not have the latest and greatest version.  Its a
trade off.

Bill