Re: About upgrade SM

Fredrik Jervfors wrote:
>> Ubuntu 7.04 server amd64
>> SquirrelMail 1.4.11
>> Postfix 2.3.8-2
>>
>> SM has been running on this server sometimes.  IIRC I installed it by
>> downloading the package on the website.  At that time SM is not available
>> on Ubuntu repo.

>> I think that I'm unable to upgrade the package on repo.
>>
>> Please advise is there an easy and safe method to upgrade SM to its
>> latest version?  TIA
>
> Did you try the instructions in the documentation?
> http://squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-4.html

Make sure when you do the upgrade you install at LEAST the latest
computability plugin, also check with the upgrade plugin what has
versions.

Upgrading is not too difficult and i have a lot of plugins in use
so had to spend longer checking those. I had to get myself in
Squirrelmail mode, read through the documentation and did the upgrade.
Spent more time reading documentation and chasing my tail as I did
not at first get the latest computability plugin.

--
Paul Carpenter          | paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<http://www.pcserviceselectronics.co.uk/>    PC Services