Re: Error connecting to IMAP server after Avelsieve plugin installation

Paul Lesniewski wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 9:20 AM, John Doe <jdoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>  when i tried to access webmail, it began to show the error:
>>
>>  Error connecting IMAP server: $host_name.
>>  13: Permission denied
>>

> Does it REALLY say "$host_name"????

yes! it drew my attention because when searching the web, the same error
messages i found always showed the IMAP server address

>>  i then checked the log file
>>
>>  error_log
>>  ---------
>>  [client 88.8.32.27] PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service unknown in /usr/share/squirrelmail/functions/imap_general.php on line 445, referer: http://mail.mydomain.com/src/login.php
>>  [client 88.8.32.27] PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): unable to connect to $host_name:143 in /usr/share/squirrelmail/functions/imap_general.php on line 445, referer: http://mail.mydomain.com/src/login.php
>>
>>  looking at imap_general.php, it seems the sqimap_login function is not
>>  receiving a valid $imap_server_address parameter. but i'm not sure how to
>>  solve the problem and why just installing the plugin could misconfigured
>>  SquirrelMail
>>

> It would not, as long as there were no patches required.  What is the
> value for $imapServerAddress in config/config.php?

$imapServerAddress      = '$host_name';   //!!!???

> You can also check
> using the configuration script and looking carefully at all your IMAP
> server settings.

SquirrelMail Configuration : Read: config.php (1.4.0)
Server Settings

General
-------
1.  Domain                 : $domain_name
2.  Invert Time            : false
3.  Sendmail or SMTP       : Sendmail

IMAP Settings
--------------
4.  IMAP Server            : $host_name
5.  IMAP Port              : 143
6.  Authentication type    : login
7.  Secure IMAP (TLS)      : false
8.  Server software        : uw
9.  Delimiter              : /

B.  Change Sendmail Config : /usr/sbin/sendmail
H.  Hide IMAP Server Settings

besides it's configured (misconfigured i'd say) as uw but the IMAP server is Cyrus!?

> You could also reset them using option D if you
> didn't make any special server settings in the first place.

well, unfortunately i didn't installed/configured the server. i think my
only option is reseting to pre-defined settings for Cyrus, set host data
and see what happens

thanks for your time,

jdoe