Re: Error connecting to IMAP server after Avelsieve plugin installation

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 9:20 AM, John Doe <jdoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi:
>
>  we have a dedicated server, housed in an ISP company, wich i admin
>  remotely using SSH in a Mac OSX 10.4.11 terminal and Cube Panel web
>  interface 2.3.2. the initial installation and configuration of the
>  server was done by the ISP tech department
>
>  SquirrelMail was working fine with the 4 virtual hosts we have in the
>  server until 3 days ago when i installed the Avelsieve plugin:
>
>  1. downloaded avelsieve-1.9.6.tar.gz
>  2. renamed old version 1.0.1 folder (it wasn't enabled)
>  3. installed and enabled version 1.9.6 using the configuration script
>
>  when i tried to access webmail, it began to show the error:
>
>  Error connecting IMAP server: $host_name.
>  13: Permission denied

Does it REALLY say "$host_name"????

>  4. disabled the plugin, erased the folder and rename again the original one
>  5. restarted IMAP/POP3 servers
>  6. asked ISP tech department to shutdown and restart the server
>
>  but the error continued. i made a telnet to IMAP server and it's working:
>
>  * OK xxxxxxx Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.12-Invoca-RPM-2.2.12-3.RHEL4.1 server ready
>
>  besides, i created an IMAP account in my mail client (Thunderbird 2.0.0.12)
>  and it works ok
>
>  i then checked the log file
>
>  error_log
>  ---------
>  [client 88.8.32.27] PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service unknown in /usr/share/squirrelmail/functions/imap_general.php on line 445, referer: http://mail.mydomain.com/src/login.php
>  [client 88.8.32.27] PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): unable to connect to $host_name:143 in /usr/share/squirrelmail/functions/imap_general.php on line 445, referer: http://mail.mydomain.com/src/login.php
>
>  looking at imap_general.php, it seems the sqimap_login function is not
>  receiving a valid $imap_server_address parameter. but i'm not sure how to
>  solve the problem and why just installing the plugin could misconfigured
>  SquirrelMail

It would not, as long as there were no patches required.  What is the
value for $imapServerAddress in config/config.php?  You can also check
using the configuration script and looking carefully at all your IMAP
server settings.  You could also reset them using option D if you
didn't make any special server settings in the first place.