Re: SquirrelMail Attachments are all viewed in the browser as Text (MIME)

Matthew Ortner (personal) wrote:

> Thanks for the clarification. I am running (Version 1.4.13 - 14 December
> 2007) based on the changes log
> file.
>
> I have also now turned off all plug-ins and the problem persists.  As
> for the PHP header error, I checked my IIS server log as well as the
> various windows event logs and didn't see anything PHP related.  Is
> there somewhere else to check for PHP specific errors?

Set error_reporting to E_ALL and display_errors to on in PHP configuration.
Then errors will be printed in script output.

Create three test scripts.
http://pastebin.ca/939370 - tests html
http://pastebin.ca/939371 - tests text
http://pastebin.ca/939374 - tests image. image file must exists.

Test them and make sure that you can load all three scripts correctly. You
can also modify image loader script to load excel or
application/octet-stream. These scripts are not as complex as SquirrelMail
download headers, but they should allow you to check if webserver is not
breaking downloads.

> I do have the content of the PHP session file from my attempt to view
> the attachment.
>
> ---- START SESSION ----
>
> gettext_php_loaded|
> ... snip ...

It is unrelated to your issues, but you could enable gettext extension in
your PHP setup. Then scripts get extra 0.5 MB of memory and store less data
in session.

--
Tomas