Re: logged off unexpectedly

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Derek Xu <derekxu04@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello ---
>
>  We are running SquirrelMail version 1.4.13 on Solaris 9/x86.
>  Recently, it becomes not very stable and having the following odd
>  issues:
>
>  Users sometime need to try several times to finally log on. The error
>  message saying "unknown username and password", even though they are
>  100% sure they provide correct credentials.

Then chances are very good that this is an IMAP problem, not
SquirrelMail.  Watch your IMAP log file.

>  Users are logged off unexpectedly sometime when they simply click on
>  folders on the folder list.  The same error message appears.
>
>  The folder list sometimes don't show up after users log on. The frame
>  just becomes blank.
>
>  I wonder what might cause the above problems.

Read the posting guidelines.  Show any related log messages.  Make
sure cookies are working correctly, make sure your PHP session storage
mechanism is correctly configured and working correctly, check your
PHP session timeout setting, etc.  None of these things are
specifically SquirrelMail issues.