Re: logged off unexpectedly

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 11:10 PM, Paul Lesniewski <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Derek Xu <derekxu04@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hello ---
> >
> >  We are running SquirrelMail version 1.4.13 on Solaris 9/x86.
> >  Recently, it becomes not very stable and having the following odd
> >  issues:
> >
> >  Users sometime need to try several times to finally log on. The error
> >  message saying "unknown username and password", even though they are
> >  100% sure they provide correct credentials.
>
> Then chances are very good that this is an IMAP problem, not
> SquirrelMail.  Watch your IMAP log file.
>
> >  Users are logged off unexpectedly sometime when they simply click on
> >  folders on the folder list.  The same error message appears.
> >
> >  The folder list sometimes don't show up after users log on. The frame
> >  just becomes blank.
> >
> >  I wonder what might cause the above problems.
>
> Read the posting guidelines.  Show any related log messages.  Make
> sure cookies are working correctly, make sure your PHP session storage
> mechanism is correctly configured and working correctly, check your
> PHP session timeout setting, etc.  None of these things are
> specifically SquirrelMail issues.

The following warning messages were logged in php's error_log:

[26-Feb-2008 15:32:13] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers
already sent by (output started at
/squirrelmail-1.4.13/functions/page_header.php:31)
 in /squirrelmail-1.4.13/functions/global.php on line 349
[26-Feb-2008 15:32:13] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers
already sent by (output started at
/squirrelmail-1.4.13/functions/page_header.php:31)
 in /squirrelmail-1.4.13/functions/global.php on line 350

Cookies are working and PHP session storage and timeout settings
appear working fine too.