strange problem with SM

Hi,
i have a strange problem with SM after i did some modification in the
SMTP server. I've modified smtp server so as, a user with the account
user1@mydomain cannot change his "from address" and pretend his is
user2@mydomain or anyuser@anydomain.

Mail clients like mozilla and horde display the following message when
one of the users try to forge his "from address":

There was an error sending your message: Failed to add recipient:
test@mydomain [SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code:
553, response: 5.7.1 <user2@mydomain>: Sender address rejected: not
owned by user user1)]

But, SM says:

Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed
Server replied: 553 5.7.1 <user1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Sender address
rejected: not logged in

This message is displayed even if user1 does not try to forge his from
address. I'm using SASL authentication for the SMTP server.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Alex