Re: 1.4.10a: configtest.php: always shows Error connecting to smt

>From: Roland Fritz <roland.fritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Date: 2008/01/02 Wed AM 01:46:21 CST
>To: squirrelmail-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re:  1.4.10a: configtest.php: always shows Error connecting	to smt

>Try the newest squirrelmailversion 1.4.13, I suppose your problem is build
>around choosing the right method and user/password for squirrel to use.
>Use menu 2 - B when running ./configure
>
>Roland.
>----
>Roland Fritz

Hi Roland,
  I've tried every setting in 2-B.  My setup has postfix authenticating via mysql where the passwords are encrypted as MD5(somepassword).  I followed the Christoph Haas tutorial adapting it for Fedora packages and everything works fine.  The tutorial says that squirrelmail is easy to setup and get working and it has been until I got stuck at the authentication.
I think postfix uses dovecot for authentication??  In Thunderbird, the clients set 'use TLS, if available' and it is presenting our cert to them.  So I'm a little confused as to what I need to do to get squirrelmail to work.

Thanks,
Gerry