Re: Error when replyring: Connection dropped

On Dec 18, 2007 3:38 AM, Roland Fritz <roland.fritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Paul Lesniewski schrieb:

> >> Well... not being able to reply to a mail without getting an error and
> >> getting logged out isn't excatly my definition of "working as
> >> expected" (when you're using imapproxy the left frame will throw an
> >> error as well and you have to wait till the session expires before the
> >> webmail-interface is usable again).
> >>
> >> Anyhow, Roland pointed me to the "auto_expunge" option, which, when
> >> disabled, solves the problem for the moment. It'd be nice to have
> >> auto-expunge back, though.

> >> Sorry if I sounded like a dick here. English is a foreign language for
> >> me and what was meant slightly ironic obviously came over rather
> >> offensive.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> >> Point is: there is the announcement saying to upgrade to 1.4.13
> >> immediately if you're using 1.4.12 (for obvious reasons) or 1.4.11 (no
> >> reasons given). Trouble is, 1.4.13 doesn't work (see above), but I
> >
> > 1.4.13 DOES work.  Your IMAP server, however, may need to be upgraded.
> >  I'm not sure you can lay all the "blame" at SM's doorstep and be so
> > "annoyed".
> >
> >> can't switch to back 1.4.11 either because I don't know what's wrong
> >> with this version (Has it been compromised as well? Does this apply to
> >> the archive I downloaded several weeks ago?). So I had no choice but to
> >> take it offline, and then there were 70 users at my door complaining
> >> why they can't access their mail.
> >>
> >> I think you'll agree when I say that this is annoying. I'm not in a
> >> position to demand a solution, but I could really need some help.
> >>
> >> Thanks to Roland the webmailer is online again at least.
> >>
> >> Now what can I do to help you (=whoever knows Squirrelmail and IMAP well
> >> enough) sort out the EXPUNGE-bug?
> >
> > A patch was already posted on this very thread.  Please let us know if
> > it does or does not help.
>
> just tried the patch, no difference.

First, let's make sure there isn't any funky PHP issues with the
global IMAP connection - try the attached patch if you don't mind.  I
hope it WON'T help, but want to make sure.

Then, please verify that the problem only exists when replying.

Also explain if you are using any IMAP proxy server or anything (even
a network?) between SM and the IMAP server; if so, try to see if
connecting directly to the IMAP server from SM makes any difference.

If you can test with a newer Cyrus version, that would also help.

Thanks,

  Paul