Re: Login and Trash problem when over Quota

Najib Abi Fadel wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> i have 2 problems with squirrelmail when quota is
> exceeded:
> 1- some users can't login to squirrelmail
> 2- some users can't delete their emails
>
> Is there any elegant solution to this ?
>
> For the login problem, i think squirrelmail is trying
> to create some files and since the user reached its
> quota limit its not possible for him to do so.
>
> While the trash problem is due to the fact that an
> email is moved from the inbox to the trash before it
> gets deleted.
>
> I may use procmail to create a quota limitation that
> is less than the physical quota on the hardisk but
> this will require checking each mail arrival and i am
> not sure if this will slow down my mail system since i
> have more than 10000 users.
>

> PS: I am using dovecot as IMAP server and sendmail as
> MTA along with squirrelmail. Each user has a 50MB
> space.

Upgrade your SquirrelMail installation. SquirrelMail 1.4.9a was released
more than one year ago. Standard SquirrelMail functions can delete messages,
when user is over quota. If you can't, show error message generated by
dovecot when user tries to move or copy message.

--
Tomas