Re: Spamming Through Squirrelmail

>Can you provide more information on how SquirrelMail is being used?
We use squirrelmail, courier-imap, postfix and apache.  We had a squirrelmail implementation with sendmail for years, but never experienced this issue.  If you need more/different info, let me know.

>What version of SquirrelMail? PHP?
SquirrelMail Version: 1.4.10a
PHP 5

> Have you investigated how the accounts were compromised?
As far as the user accounts, we are reviewing logs to determine if they bruteforced the accounts or if they just "knew" the passwds.  My first thought was a virus/spyware/keylogger on a certain users host, but it spread to a total of three users over the course of several days.  We have asked the user to bring their PC into us so that we can take a look at them, but no such luck.  I have been

I ended up routing their IP block to null in my gateway router.  Here is the IP range in case anyone else experiences this.

83.229.0.0 - 83.229.255.255

Zack