Re: Server authentication

Hi thanx for the reply.  It's not the shell access I'm bothered about..
allow me to explain further.
What I was thinking is, the frontend squirrelmail is just that, nothing
else.  It will be just a webserver, serving that page.  There will be no
user accounts on there what so ever.  I was thinking about having
virtual user accounts that log into the frontend and this somehow logs
into the actual mail server (located elsewhere) with the actual user
accounts on that server.  Now is PAM some kind of solution?  and if so,
how would I get squirrelmail to talk to PAM on another server?
If you need anymore info, please tell me what you need.

Cheers
Steve

--

Ebuyer (UK) Ltd. - Registered in England and Wales No. 3941136
Registered Office: Ferry Road, Howden, East Yorkshire, DN14 7UW