Re: default On Read and On Delivery to be ticked

Please do not top-post, thanks.

> >> I have been trying to figure out whether it is possible, and if so how, to set On Read
> >> and On Delivery be ticked by default.
> >>
> >> Can anybody tell me where and how to do this?
> >
> > You'd probably want to do it with a custom plugin so you don't have to
> > change the source code.  You'd hook into one of the hooks in
> > src/compose.php and spit out some javascript that simply checks those
> > checkboxes.
>
> Thanks for the advice. I have written a plugin, but I don't quite know how to get the
> JavaScript executed. If I put it in a function I don't know where the function should be
> called from because I don't think one can get a hook to add things to the body tag to
> call onLoad. I just added the statements in <script> tags in the header but they are not
> being executed. Maybe I've lost the plot ... any help will be appreciated :-)

Put the javascript in <script> tags as you've done, but put them near
the bottom of the page (compose_bottom hook) and they will be executed
as soon as they are placed on the page.  You can override the onload
event, but there should be no need.