Re: Incorrect time provided by SM

>>> I'm new to the list so my apologies if this has been addressed here
>>> previously. Couldn't find anything in the archives.
>>> We have been using SM successfully for several years but have always
>>> had a problem with SM reporting the correct time. It appears to be +5
>>> hours from our actual time (Eastern Time, GMT -5) I have tried
>>> experimenting with the invert_time parameter in the config file but
>>> this doesn't seem to change anything. SM v.1.4.6 is running on a
>>> windows 2000 server with Mercury Mail as the Mail Server app.
>>
>> Used PHP version? IIS (CGI or ISAPI), Apache (CGI or DSO) or Mercury
>> Web server?
>
> PHP version 4.3.4
> Apache 2.0 Web Server CGI 1.1

Could you upgrade to PHP 5.2.4? Please note that PHP installer creates
incorrect Action configuration and some required cgi configuration tags
are missing, if Apache CGI option is selected.

I can reproduce issue on 4.4.7 and can't on 5.2.4. I don't know when PHP
fixed it, but I suspect that it was somewhere between 5.1.0 and 5.2.4
version. I could reproduce the issue, when I've tested new date functions
on 2006-05-13

Or make sure that user preferences don't have timezone setting. Timezone
must be "Same as server"

If you don't want to damage existing setup, test it on some other machine.
If setup is correct, time displayed in left folder listing changes when
you change time zone in personal settings. If timezone support is broken,
time is set to GMT when some timezone is selected in personal settings.
Difference between US Eastern Time and GMT is 5 hours. You can also use
PHP5 zip package, install it in other location and just flip paths in
httpd.conf.

--
Tomas