Re: Spam Sent From WebMail

On 9/6/07, Matt <mhoppes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm not doubting that what Paul is suggesting, I'm trying to
> understand a little better.
>
> Also, just as an FYI, Paul.... when someone top posts or bottom posts
> or does anything else that isn't set in stone or law... it's probably
> better to just let it go rather than go off about it.

I never asked anyone to bottom post, nor did I "go off" (but you tempt
me).  Contextual posting is the only way to keep a thread manageable
and easy to read.  If you want to stick with your top posting habit,
you can expect to be bugged about it or ignored.  Also, removing
entire portions of thread context has nothing to do with where you
post, it means that you removed important portions of the
conversation, which helps no one.  You might want to do some reading
about mailing list etiquette.

http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#keepcool