Re: Spam Sent From WebMail

> We haven't blocked that option, as we like to leave it open for the
> users.   I'm just surprised no one else has had this problem...
> although I did see a post a few months ago with the same thing, but
> the person was told the same thing.
>
> At any rate, so it isn't forging the from address... however.. I'm
> still curious how to keep these viruses from logging into the webmail
> and sending mail.
>

> PAUL: Not to start a flame war... but I refuse to bottom post.. it's
> annoying as all-get-out when someone goes to try to read threads.
> Yes, they can look at the last message and scroll from top to
> bottom... however if you top post, you can read each message without
> having to scroll through tons of junk.... so... since I won't
> bottom-post.. I have removed the quote.

I am not Paul.

Please provide more information about your setup.
1. SquirrelMail version
2. All modifications made in standard SquirrelMail scripts
3. List and order of enabled plugins with version numbers.
4. Spam message headers and body. Replace private information with
user@xxxxxxxxxxx, mail.example.org and xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
5. PHP session.gc_maxlifetime value and other not default PHP session
settings.

Are you sure that trojans or worms are abusing webmail and not some broken
form on your webserver?

Please don't send me private emails about SquirrelMail.

--
Tomas