Re: Personnal Information change itself

Dear Kone,

>>> I use mail server under Debian with squirrelmail 1.4.9 but I have
>>> problem
>>> with some users informations.
>>> Most of the time, users calls me and say that their "personnal
>>> informations" has changed to another one.
>>> How can I solve this problem ?
>>> Regards,
>>> ------------
>>> Kone Bakenon
>>
>> Do these users login to SquirrelMail on a computer that already has
>> another user
>> logged into a different SquirrelMail profile? Concurrent logins will
>> cause
>> mixing or
>> corruption of preferences.
>
> Ok but, how can I avoid that ?
>

>> Short term: tell your users to logout the previous session before they
>> login.
>
> I have already done it !
>
>> Long-term, better solution: ideally, someone will modify SquirrelMail so
>> that any
>> login automatically logs out any existing session on the same computer.
>
> Can you help me to it ?

its a problem that squirrel does cookie based authentification. If you
have multiple users on one pc try telling them to use different browsers
(ie, mozilla, opera) or use option to keep cookies only until you close
the browser (all windows of it!) which i found in mozilla. If the logout
correctly it should work, too (i use multiple accounts rarely...)

in the long run the authentication concept of squirred may change one day...

Roland.