Re: general problems with SM behind SSL proxy

Hi Tomas, hi list,

some time ago we discussed my SM setup with my web server sitting behind a SSL proxy. In my setup, the config_location_base option is not sufficient as it needs some additional path information in form of "http://sslproxy.com/mydomain.com. We discussed this topic related to SM 1.4.10a where you gave me the following code fragments to support my setup:

> Open SquirrelMail functions/strings.php.
> Find lines with
> ----
>    if ( sqgetGlobalVar('PHP_SELF', $php_self, SQ_SERVER) &&
> !empty($php_self) ) {
>
>       // need to add query string to end of PHP_SELF to match REQUEST_URI
>       //
>       if ( sqgetGlobalVar('QUERY_STRING', $query_string, SQ_SERVER) &&
> !empty($query_string) ) {
>          $php_self .= '?' . $query_string;
>       }
>
>       return $php_self;
>     }
> ----
>
> and modify them to
> ----
>    if ( sqgetGlobalVar('PHP_SELF', $php_self, SQ_SERVER) &&
> !empty($php_self) ) {
>
>       // need to add query string to end of PHP_SELF to match REQUEST_URI
>       //
>       if ( sqgetGlobalVar('QUERY_STRING', $query_string, SQ_SERVER) &&
> !empty($query_string) ) {
>          $php_self .= '?' . $query_string;
>       }
>
>       if (sqgetGlobalVar('HTTP_X_FORWARDED_SERVER',$proxy,SQ_SERVER) &&
>         $proxy == 'ssl-proxy.com') {
>         $php_self = '/mydomain.com' . $php_self;
>       }
>
>       return $php_self;
>     }
> ----
>
> Then find lines with
> ----
> function get_location () {
>
>     global $imap_server_type, $config_location_base;
> ----
>
> and modify them to
> ----
> function get_location () {
>     global $imap_server_type, $config_location_base;
>     if (sqgetGlobalVar('HTTP_X_FORWARDED_SERVER',$proxy,SQ_SERVER) &&
>         $proxy == 'ssl-proxy.com') {
>         $config_location_base='https://ssl-proxy.com/mydomain.com';
>     }
> ----
>
> location base must be set to autodetect in SquirrelMail configuration.

and...

> Find lines with
> ----
> function get_location () {
>
>     global $imap_server_type, $config_location_base;
> ----
>
> and modify them to
> ----
> function get_location () {
>     global $imap_server_type, $config_location_base;
>     if (sqgetGlobalVar('HTTP_X_FORWARDED_SERVER',$proxy,SQ_SERVER) &&
>          $proxy == 'ssl-proxy.com') {
>          $config_location_base='https://ssl-proxy.com';
>     }
> ----

Now I'd love to upgrade to SM development version 1.5.x as there are some features that I'd really like to have. Could you please give me some advise where to start? I tried to apply the changes given for 1.4.10a but the 1.5.x code base is different when it comes to the discussed location functions.

Thanks in advance,
Gregor

Viel oder wenig? Schnell oder langsam? Unbegrenzt surfen + telefonieren
ohne Zeit- und Volumenbegrenzung? DAS TOP ANGEBOT FÜR ALLE NEUEINSTEIGER
Jetzt bei Arcor: günstig und schnell mit DSL - das All-Inclusive-Paket
für clevere Doppel-Sparer, nur  34,95 ?  inkl. DSL- und ISDN-Grundgebühr!
http://www.arcor.de/rd/emf-dsl-2