Re: Squirrelmail attaching previously sent emails to new emails (and session_register(), require_once(), fread(), and fclose() errors)

On 7/18/07, Shawn Hargan <shawnh@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A user replicated this issue for us again today and received the
> following error when sending the message that included the previously
> sent attachments:

Woa, "previously sent attachments"?  Your original problem description
mentioned nothing about attachments except that the final errant
message had previous *messages* attached to it.  Please clarify.

> Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for
> /u/webmail/squirrelmail_attachments/bkxNmcFmJdisbAuWLywzEOU8MpLi9lNF in
> /u/webmail/squirrelmail-1.4.9a_1/src/compose.php on line 1258

This line is only executed when redisplaying the compose window.  Are
you SURE the error appeared when *sending*??  Do you have PHP errors
displaying on screen?  The error indicates that some message
inexplicably no longer has its attachment in the attachment directory.

You might want to review how your attachments dir is accessed (via NFS
or something else non-standard), its permissions, and how it is
defined in the SM config file, etc.

 - Paul