Re: Squirrelmail not recognising UNIX users

The Debate about Root getting email is for another place. I didn't say Root, I said 'Root user'.

This script will try to check some aspects of your SquirrelMail configuration and point you to errors whereever it can find them. You need to go run conf.pl in the config/ directory first before you run this script.

SquirrelMail version:1.4.10a-1.fc7
Config file version:1.4.0
Config file last modified:11 July 2007 17:07:28

Checking PHP configuration...
    PHP version 5.2.2 OK.
    PHP extensions OK.
Checking paths...
    Data dir OK.
    Attachment dir OK.
    Plugins OK.
    Themes OK.
    Default language OK.
    Base URL detected as: https://xxxxxxxxx.servehttp.com:8000/webmail/src (location base autodetected)
Checking outgoing mail service....
    sendmail OK
Checking IMAP service....
    IMAP server ready (* OK Dovecot ready.)
    Capabilities: * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR SORT THREAD=REFERENCES MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT LITERAL+ IDLE CHILDREN NAMESPACE LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN
Checking internationalization (i18n) settings...
     gettext - Gettext functions are available. You must have appropriate system locales compiled.
     mbstring - Mbstring functions are available.
     recode - Recode functions are unavailable.
     iconv - Iconv functions are available.
     timezone - Webmail users can change their time zone settings.
Checking database functions...
    not using database functionality.

Congratulations, your SquirrelMail setup looks fine to me!

Looking at the Dovecot logs, username are being appended with the @servehttp.com domain, when they should be treated as local users. This was working fine until last week. Dovecot was patched to 1.0.1 via Yum and I'm beginning to suspect that broke default behaviour as I can still get to my mail fine via Thunderbird on the local LAN.

Rik

On 7/12/07, Chris Hilts <tassium@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

--
The Truth is out there, does anyone have the URL?