Squirrelmail not recognising UNIX users

Hi Guys,

I have recently installed Squirrelmail on FC7 and its been working fine for several weeks, collecting mail for my 4 pop3 accounts onto Dovecot and 2 pop3 accounts for my wife. I decided in my foolish pride to show my wife how to use it, but in true fashion, she could not log onto the interface with her username and password. Mail is retrieved using getmail and that is still working fine.

I tried again with mine and now I also cannot log on with my username and password. We receive a Unknown user or incorrect password message.

First thing I checked was she and I were using the right passwords. We are. Even my root user account cannot access its email. Any ideas how to work out what I've busted?

I'm connecting via Apache over https and this works fine. The webserver is up and running with no problems

Thanks

Rik

--
The Truth is out there, does anyone have the URL?