Re: Strange problem with SM

>>> hi all,
>>>
>>> i get this error when one of my users try to use SM.
>>>
>>> ERROR: Could not complete request.
>>> Query: CREATE "INBOX.Sent"
>>> Reason Given: Cannot create this folder
>>>

>>> I've checked his mailbox and the folder .Sent is there. Permissions are
>>>  also correct.
>>>
>>> What can be wrong?
>>>

>> Depends on your SquirrelMail version and IMAP server. SquirrelMail 1.5.1
>> might have issues, if folder exists, but not subscribed. If IMAP server
>> works with maildirs, remember that maildir folders must have three
>> subdirectories.
>>

> i'm using 1.5.1
> I had moved from 1.4.9 to 1.5.1 and everything was ok, at the beginning.
> After the error above, i checked the user's maildir and folder .Sent was
> missing. The rest of the folders for some reason were unsuscribed. The
> user also complains that he lost his address book.

Address book can be lost in two cases.
1. You forgot to transfer address book information from old install.
2. User used different case in username and you haven't turned on
'Usernames in Lowercase' setting in 'General Options' menu.

In some cases user might corrupt file based address book, but he or she
should have to try really hard.

If I remember correctly, folder caching issue was fixed with
http://squirrelmail.cvs.sourceforge.net/squirrelmail/squirrelmail/src/left_main.php?r1=1.239&r2=1.240
patch. Please note that this was more that one year ago. I don't remember,
if I had to change other files.

--
Tomas