Re: Multiple IMAP servers

> Hi, I am novice when it comes to PHP and configuring webmail. I have coded a
> simple login page that takes in a username and password that then
> authenticates the user through an LDAP bind. I retrieve the IMAP server of
> that user and am now stumped on how to configure SquirrelMail for a
> redirect. I looked at vlogin, but it didn't seem like it fit this situation,
> unless I missed something. The other option listed in the documentation was
> a user-defined function to map to a particular IMAP server. If anyone could
> supply an example of this, where to put it, etc. I would greatly appreciate
> it. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated, as well. Cheers.

If you set imap server name to 'map:some_function_name', SquirrelMail 1.4.0 and
later rewrite imap server setting to the one provided by that function.

Mapping function must accept one string argument and return string with hostname
or ip address. SquirrelMail sends username in that argument. Sample mapping
function is stored in functions/imap_general.php. See map_yp_alias() function.
It is last function in that file.

Please note that this code is not tested very often and some code might use imap
server name without remapping it correctly.

--
Tomas